Saturday 1 March 2014

Quick Write - Maximalism and Minimalism






I show him to the visitors, telling them he's a bit strange; he notices, and his legs, all resting silent on the ground, begin to prepare, and as they extend a deafening storm of sharp, piercing clicks and clacks starts and then ends every bit as quickly, beige and red-brown hairs scattering in every direction, and his hairy, but softly textured face curiously looks and sniffs about, his unseeing eyes unable to tell him what has changed in the room, until suddenly, the wet skin that forms the point on his narrow head meets the arm of one of my visitors.

When I showed my blind dog to my friends he got up and accidentally stamped one of their arms with his nose.

1 comment:

  1. That's a really interesting way to tell that story. I really like the evident contrast between maximalism and minimalism. I think you could write more stories like this and get really good at it!

    ReplyDelete